Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Epitome of Lil' Wayne

When Tha Block Is Hot dropped, who would've ever imagined it would be like this? Lil' Wayne was popular then. Now he's a household name. He's become the gold standard of rap, and ubiquitous (yeah we out here) amongst youth of all demographics and backgrounds. I can't even count how many Weezy lyrics have been in folks facebook statuses over the past year. You'll prolly see one today. Regardless, Wayne has become a megastar. His recent interview with Rolling Stone is intriguing to say the very least. Since, Rolling Stone is hating and wants you to cop their print mag to see the interview, I have taken the essence of the article, the epitome of Lil' Wayne today, and posted it for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy.


...on fame and his current lifestyle: "The rock shit just comes from what my life is now, I've grown into this person" Wayne says he can recall the moment things changed. "I woke up one morning and had three or four women in my bed where I not only didn't know their last names, I didn't know the beginning letter of their first names. All I know is they're the most beautiful women in the world, and I was in my own place, in whatever city I was in. And I could've thrown a dart at the map, and I'd probably have a place there, too. I knew my driver was waiting downstairs for me. When my nose finally cleared from all the weed I had smoked, I smelled food in the kitchen and knew it was my chef. Then I looked on my phone and saw a message and knew it was from a popular woman everyone knows. And when I went in the studio that night, I couldn't just rap. 'Yeah, nigga.' Now, this is who I am..."


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment