Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lily Allen - "The Fear"

Lily Allen goes. There are various reasons for her widespread appeal, but one of the greatest elements of Lily lies in the authenticity of her music and presentation. Even the title of her latest album, It's Not Me, It's You, is an unapologetic statement aimed to relate herself to the world. This video for the first single off the album is great. The pleasantry of the melody is contrasted by the reality conveyed through the lyrics. The song begins,

"I want to be rich and I want lots of money/I don’t care about clever I don’t care about funny/I want loads of clothes and fuckloads of diamonds/ I heard people die while they are trying to find them"

Hella people feel the same, not many are willing to say it, especially so bluntly. Enough analysis. Peep the vid.



Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. I like the giant presents. Also, do the balloon people remind you of when I dressed up as a bunch of grapes for Halloween one year at school? Well, that's what they remind me of, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video is pretty much the shit. Lilly Allens CD goes... As does the bird and the bee. You should look at their old stuff its tight too

    ReplyDelete