Monday, July 20, 2009

The Flaming Lips - "Silver Trembling Hands"

When asked about their new Embryonic album, Lips frontman Wayne Coyne said "some of it sounds like John Lennon but if he got together with Miles Davis and they went back in time, but there was a supercomputer that they could figure out how to work." Now I think I have an idea of what he was talking about. Not that I expected any less, but this one is really on some other shit. Challenging and brilliant. Few artists know how to use the recording studio as an instrument in the way the Flaming Lips do, a talent that explains why the texture of their music just sounds different from anything else out. Embryonic drops in September.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Dope post, I like the lips, just saw them live in DC for earthday.....good show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds dope. I gotta see em live.

    ReplyDelete