Monday, July 20, 2009

Joseph Carnevale's Barrel Monster

Joseph Carnevale is a Raleigh, North Carolina based street artist and guerilla photographer. Says the part-time construction worker of this piece, "it was something I had to do". The 15-foot monster, crafted using barrels from a construction site got Carnevale arrested on charges of vandalism, larceny and destruction of property. Hamlin Associates, the construction company, chose not to press charges, and has since commissioned the young artist to create a replica of the structure. The Raleigh Police Department is still hatin though, insisting on following through with the charges. Joseph, we fuck with you and wish you the best. Jake I see you.

Full Story Here



Share/Save/Bookmark

6 comments:

  1. thats so cool! imagine driving by that thing. lol. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words! Your blog is really amazing..hmmm, my fav MJ song, that brings a great memory, is Smooth Criminal. When I danced for the wizards (a looong time ago :)we danced to that song with a top hat, a glove, and cane and it was amazing!Everyone went crazy.. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh, and I forgot to add we were wearing tuxedo shirts and BOWTIE's too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I wasn't terrified of statues, I'd think it was great. It's brilliant, though - police are always hating on street art. If anything, it makes us appreciate our towns and cities a little more - when done constructively. My favorite artist, Banksy's still gettin heat for his art - as world famous as he is.

    ReplyDelete